- Discussion Phase: This will take place on this weblog. We will recruit interested individuals, experts and get a sense of what a community like this will look like.
- Organization Phase: During this part we will look at funding the project, finding participants who will commit to the project, we'll create a budget, locate a property, prepare grants, find contractors, an architect (I've actually got a good one - perfect for this), create a nonprofit homeowner's cooperative and do all the ground work.
- Funding Phase: Put together the funding, start accounting system, set up bank accounts, hire director, contractor and buy the land.
- Construction Phase: Hire general contractor, begin construction work on community center, manager's offices and grounds. Begin building cottages as homeowners obtain their funding. Build rental units as income generators for the community as the project continues.
- Population Phase: Begin move in. This phase will overlap with the construction phase as cottages are completed and families begin moving in.
- Operations & Development Phase: Begin setting up community support services, recreational activities, maintenance and homeowner's co-op governance. Also continues to work on improving the community, expanding operations if desired by community members and even creating new co-housing projects for other groups.
I'm excited about this. Welcome aboard.
Tom King - Project Leader